You can’t even be mad that there’s two burger recipes in this grill series. When I think of grilled food my first thought is a burger. My second is probably a hot dog because who doesn’t love BBQs where its not frowned upon to have both a burger and a hot dog. Don’t you dare judge me, it’s called the best of both worlds people.
As a non-grill owner my grilled thoughts are very simple. Plus this is something I could totally make on the stove at home. Which I will be doing, thank you very much.
And if you know me at all, you know I always have avocado in my fridge. I’ll eat it for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. And on top of a burger is one of my favorite ways to eat avocado, though typically on a burger it’s in the form of guac. So mixing avocado chunks into my burger seems like the natural next progression. It doesn’t hurt that this recipe is super easy and still super flavorful!
I made two burgers and topped one with pepper jack and one with fresh mozzarella. I’m having a hard time deciding which one is my favorite so I think you should top your burger with both cheeses. It’s only fair 😉
- 1/2 lb ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1/2 an avocado – cut into chunks
- Minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cheese, to top (I recommend pepper jack or mozzarella)
- Mix together all ingredients (except cheese) in a bowl. Don’t over mix, you want the avocado to stay in chunks. Form two patties.
- Grill until cooked through, topping with cheese a minute or two before done.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Laughing Spatula