I’ve finally admitted that right now does not seem to be a blogging time for me. I’m not sure why, and I’m sure it will pass. Maybe in a few days, maybe in a few weeks. But having recipes over my head that I haven’t posted is stressing me out a little. Partly because I don’t take notes of what I change in recipes, so the longer I go without posting, the more likely I am to forget what I did differently to make it worthy of a recipe to post for you! Which brings me to the second reason it’s stressing me out. I want to share these recipes for you and I don’t want to keep them from you any longer! So here is a round up of what I’ve been eating lately, along with with the original recipes and a note if I’ve changed anything. Enjoy and I will be back before you know it!
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Burger (Adapted from Pinch of Yum)
- FINALLY a veggie burger without beans. I didn’t change much to the base of these burgers, they stayed together well though I ate mine bun-less. I made my own chipotle mayo and a different version of the green sauce but a MUST try.
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Adapted from Buzzfeed)
- Heart-shaped not required. Whatever you do squeeze out any excess liquid after step four (after it has cooled slightly) and DON’T use fresh mozzarella. It’ll get soggy 🙂 You can totally pick this up like a regular slice of pizza though I won’t lie, you’ll notice the difference.
- Quinoa Stuffed Pepper Soup with Sausage meatballs (Adapted from Oh Sweet Basil)
- This one I followed until the last step when I threw everything in the crockpot including uncooked quinoa with a little extra chicken broth for about an hour and a half on high until quinoa was cooked.
- Zoodle and Onion Noodle Soup with Pesto (Adapted from Inspiralized)
- This one I left out the sausage (but only because Kels and I had this with the roasted veggie grilled cheese) and spiralized red onion with the zucchini. I also used this jar of pesto quinoa I found Trader Joe’s, however regular store bought pesto would definitely do!
- “Baked Ziti” Zoodles (adapted from Food E File)
- This one I used homemade sauce and turkey sausage, I also mixed in some veggie pasta with the zoodles just to add bulk to the dish.
- Quinoa, Guac and Eggs (Adapted from Simply Quinoa)
- This one I used homemade salsa, left out the kale and added pepper jack cheese 😉
- Sweet Potato, Spinach and Chicken Sausage Bake (Adapted from Pinch of Yum)
- This one I subbed spinach for the kale because that’s what I had and made the cheese sauce gluten free by using cornstarch (though I’d recommend following the original recipe for the roux!)
- Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl (Adapted from Pinch of Yum)
- This is a buildable bowl, you can add whatever you like… I used spiralized cucumbers, quinoa, red onion, avocado, feta and this wonderful roasted red pepper sauce based on the one in the recipe. I left out the almonds and added in some balsamic vinegar and olive oil so I didn’t need a dressing for my bowl.
- Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce over Zoodles
- I took this from the red pepper sauce in the above post. Pureed roasted red peppers, some greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, feta, a little lemon juice and a crumbled turkey sausage link over raw zoodles.
- Zoodle Carbonara with Chicken (Adapted from Cafe Delites)
- This one I followed pretty closely as I’d never made carbonara before. Bacon + zoodles meant I needed to add chicken so I wasn’t starving 5 seconds later
- BLT Salad with Avocado (Adapted from Skinny Taste)
- This one I followed closely except for the dressing which I subbed all of the mayo out for greek yogurt. I also added chicken.
That was a lot of recipes. But I feel SOOO much better now. <3